I believe every student is capable of excelling artistically, technically and musically if they possess curiosity and discipline. My goal as a teacher is to foster this curiosity and discipline through making the student become aware of their mind, body and sound. Once a student can be aware of these interdependent elements, they start on the path to becoming their own teacher. I teach students of all ages, ranging from 5 years old to 60 years old, though my specialty is teaching students 10 years and up.
With hectic schedules, and running kids to and fro, it is becoming increasingly convenient for students to study music online. While there are some disadvantages to meeting online (difficulty assisting the student in tuning/physically adjusting their hand position), I have discovered online lessons are ideal for busy parents and students. Currently I'm a teacher on Discover Melody and LessonFace, both online platforms:
Private Online Lessons
In addition, I also teach online directly through video platforms including FaceTime, Skype, and Zoom.
B.M Violin Performance, Azusa Pacific University
- M.M Violin Performance, Duquesne University
- Substitute Violinist, Wisconsin Chamber Orchestra
- Associate Member, Civic Orchestra of Chicago
- Substitute Violinist, Illinois Symphony
- Substitute Violinist, Illinois Philharmonic
- Substitute Violinist, South Bend Symphony, IN
- Substitute Violinist, Quad City Symphony
- EEC, Book 1 Certification
- Member of American String Teacher's Association (ASTA)